Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Flip Flop Angel Style!

So everyone has seen the new models to be released.  And as always I have flip flopped like a flapjack on my army scheme.  I am going to drop pre-heresy theme (though I am still converting Sanguinius) and picking up a Death Company Theme.  The new kit comes with SO many bits I can mix with other kits so create a complete Death Company themed army.  All the Sergeants will be Chaplains, or novice chaplains leading Death Company squads to gain their ranks.  My Rhinos will have Death Company tearing through them to get out.  The only thing that is stumping me is what to do with the Sanguinary Guard.  I don't think I can make them under the Black Rage, so I may keep them as is and say they are just fighting along side the Death Company force.  I think the gold will do good amongst all the black.  The coolest part of this is that tho I have to wait for new models and cash to get them I have a project to kind me working on the army progression.  For a class I have to draw a design inspired by Gothic Cathedrals and right a paper on it.  But thats only what is required, so I am going to build it for my display board.  I will have it stylized to the Death Company with Stained Glass and Statues of Angelic figures.  Any thoughts on the Sanguinary Guard issue or ideas on scheme leave a comment below.

1 comment:

  1. I like the minis, would love to get my hands on some wings.

    ReplyDelete